XS CAD has been managing outsourced architectural and MEP CAD projects for the last fifteen years. In that time we have accumulated extensive experience in the key areas that have helped to develop our company into a world class organization.
Our projects are managed by our experienced project managers, who are responsible for the delivery of projects to pre-defined quality standards.
Our approach and processes are different for each customer and fit into the needs and processes of our customers and the the agreed workflow process. However, all of our expertise, experience, systems, processes and protocols are used to build a process and system that our customers are comfortable with. Refer to our CAD Outsourcing Process for more information.
Retail Architecture Projects
We currently work with some of the leading retailers in the world, providing teams from our offices in Mumbai supported by our local contacts in the US, UK and Australia. We take responsibility for detailing the construction drawing sets (CD Sets), taking the initial design layouts into detailed construction issue sheets. Typically, we are responsible for making up plans that include building related changes and also space planning and equipment items. We work for retailers using AutoCAD, Revit and Solidworks technologies. Our range of customers and projects include the following:
- Creating 3d models from point cloud data and legacy data for a leading UK retailer.
- Creating detailed construction drawing sets for a leading worldwide coffee chain.
- Creating complete construction sets for a leading fashion retailer – operating on a global basis.
- Creating construction drawings and 3d visuals for a leading fashion retailer for outlets worldwide.
Residential Architecture Projects
We work with leading homebuilders in the US, Australia and the UK at present. We are responsible for creating detailed construction drawings either using Revit Architecture or AutoCAD Architecture for 3d modeling purposes or by using bespoke software for creation of drawings. We typically work for homebuilders by providing dedicated teams (retained teams) who only work with specific homebuilders. Our range of customers include:
- One of the leading homebuilders in the US for the creation of site lot drawings, plan updates and detailed construction drawig sets.
- A leading Australian homebuilder for the creation of steel structure based drawings, creating arechitectural and framing drawing sets.
- A leading US based homebuilder, creating Revit Archiettcure sets.
- A leading West Australia homebuilder, creating complete construction sets and 3d visuals for sales team.
- Working with a large US homebuilder for the creation of 3d rendered images and interactive home plans.
Architectural BIM and 3D Modeling Projects
Our approach varies and is flexible for each type of 3D modeling project, depending on whether the model is for standalone purposes or being used as an input for another process or project. Project types include:
- SME projects (Single Model Environment) models for use in projects where we are working within a BIM or IPD framework.
- BIM Projects (Building Information Models) for exterior and interior elements.
- Construction Drawing Sets (for retail and homebuilders) using BIM software.
- 3D Solid models for 3d visualisation inputs.
- 4D CAD Models for input into timeline software for construction sequencing.
- 3D Models for architectural design development.
All such 3D CAD projects are reliant on up to date project information including plans, elevations and section drawings or designs.
MEP Coordination Projects
We have a tried and tested process in place for MEP (M&E) Spatial Coordination projects. Our aim is to deliver high quality drawings that can be relied on by site teams and our focus is on delivery of drawings within the agreed timeframe and to the agreed quality levels. Our process typically involves the following:
- Collation and assimilation of project data / information required to complete a coordinated building services model and drawings. (for example architectural and structural layouts, MEP design specifications and MEP design drawings)
- Set up of a communication and reporting framework to include all project and finance contacts and online collaboration protocols.
- Production and ongoing management of our own deliverables program to feed into a master sub-contractor or main contractor program. This includes a ‘value engineering’ layer which is made possible with the aid of the latest clash detection utilities available from AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP and Autodesk Navisworks.
- Our processes and approach to 3D CAD modeling will identify inconsistencies within the information we are provided with and through identification and subsequent correction we are able to produce 3D CAD models that reflect the actual site with a high degree of accuracy.
For more information about any of the above areas read more in our sectors area.