28 June 2021
BIM – It’s a Win – Win for Homebuilders & Home Buyers!
Building Information Modelling (BIM), a 3D model-based process that provides architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) professionals data and tools to efficiently design, construct and manage buildings, benefits both homebuilders and home buyers.
What’s in it for Homebuilders?
Using BIM technology helps cost estimation before construction, e.g. labor payroll, cost-effective materials, duration, etc. can be estimated easily with data-rich models.
BIM helps create near-perfect calculations and detailed models for an excellent quality build. It helps stakeholders accurately visualise building design before construction.
Changes made in BIM are parametric, and lengthy, repetitive design tasks are completed quickly, increasing ROI and saving time and cost.
With all project stakeholders able to access a central database or federated model at any time and communicate easily using BIM technology, communication between all teams is improved.
It helps to visualise or demonstrate the house before construction begins and can also be used to customise the design as per home buyers’ requirements.
What’s in it for Home Buyers?
- BIM technology presents detailed models, helping buyers with detailed views and avoiding multiple site visits, leading to faster decision-making.
- The buyer can use BIM data for greater ROI while selling or re-selling the property.
- With a BIM model, houses can be visualised in detail – each corner, detailed measurements of structure, doors, windows, furniture placement, etc.
- BIM also helps the visualisation of MEP systems details and locations. Owners can use this data for facilities management, during emergencies and for maintenance.
- Planning for renovation projects becomes easier using BIM, as all relevant data is easily available.
XS CAD provides residential BIM support for global homebuilders and home designers according to local codes and standards, for all stages of the design process, including design development, visualisation and generating construction documentation.