22 October 2021
Does Architectural 3D Rendering Help Sales in the Homebuilding Sector?
Selling a home in the homebuilding industry involves creating a narrative where potential inhabitants are promised a new and attractive lifestyle. Residential rendering services can help create this narrative to a surprisingly accurate and detailed degree. The expectation within the homebuilding sector as well as with investors, purchasers and planning authorities continues to see considerable interest in realistic renders for proposed homes. The benefits of residential 3D architectural rendering services for homebuilders are realised in many situations, but except for a few firms, many do not exploit design models enough to speed up the process and reduce the costs for homebuilder 3D rendered images.
The process of rendering images in 3D involves using specific computer software that will use a 2D image to develop an accurate 3D representation. A model is created and colours, lighting, shading, textures, fixtures, furniture and material finishes are added to make the image appear photorealistic.
A rendered image has the power to influence a viewer’s perspective, weave dreams, create a mood, a sensation or an atmosphere. Views of a building from multiple angles provides deeper insight, and the emotional effect cannot be replicated in conventional displays.
Ultimately, for some stakeholders the goal is to sell or pre-sell a residential property before construction is finished, and 3D rendering can play a significant role in their success.
Throughout the stages of a residential construction project, 3D rendered images can and do add value for the project stakeholders. Here are some of the ways:
- Project viability can be effectively presented by homebuilders to local planning agencies and investors.
- Whether a single-family home or a large, sprawling mansion in the suburbs, potential buyers and investors can view attractive 3D images before the foundation dries.
- Every detail of a project, such as the materials, specs and the layout of the floor plan can be seen.
- A family can explore a potential new home over the Internet.
- Conceptual and detailed architectural 3D renders are created using the data obtained by assessing attractive markets, identifying sites and securing investments during the planning stage.
- Potential investors can gain a more complete understanding, with visual aids, of the project, and this improves their decision-making ability.
- Residential rendering services can create realistic rendered images during the entirety of the design stage, from concept ideation to construction documentation submittals, important for approvals and permits from local planning authorities and regulatory bodies.
- Homebuilder 3D rendered images show lighting, landscaping, interiors and furniture.
- Complex concepts can be visually detailed for the approval process, along with the development of mandatory construction documentation, by homebuilders.
- The 3D designs can be easily shared between stakeholders and zoning authorities for approvals. Any required changes can be made easily and a new rendering can be created for approval.
- During construction, detailed renders help homebuilders and prospective clients oversee the construction of the project and inspect whether the build is executed in line with the proposed design.
- Using a 3D design model helps resolve possible design inconsistencies.
- Once construction is complete, customised interior views and exterior renderings enable homebuilders to sell their property to clients.
- Potential buyers can virtually view the property by seeing the detailed renderings and walkthroughs, which facilitate their decision-making and makes marketing the finished product easier.
- Photorealistic renderings and 2D floor plans and drawings show a building’s realistic details to clients and help them to choose a residence which fulfils their requirements.
Highlight the Property’s Best Features
- Buyers can see and alter the décor, architectural details, lighting fixtures, flooring and appliances before construction is completed.
- In a gated community, 3D renderings can show more than just a house. They can highlight desirable community features, green areas, street scenes and water bodies in the vicinity.
- Amenities, such as the pool, clubhouse, fitness centre, playgrounds, grocery shops and security stations, that can be viewed in a rendered image add to the selling power of the property.
- Neighbouring schools, shopping and entertainment venues can be represented accurately and in an aesthetically attractive manner.
Display Luxury Aspects
- Premium materials, such as granite countertops, marble floors and chrome fittings, can be visually represented accurately and realistically through rendering.
- Luxuriously decorated rooms, high-end fixtures, modern or antique furniture and fancy flooring and carpeting can be featured.
- Sweeping views of natural beauty in the area can be highlighted, such as a beautiful lake view, an infinity pool stretching into an endless blue ocean or the distant majesty of mountains.
Market More Effectively
- Eye-catching 3D images in renders will make potential buyers stop for a second rather than skim quickly over promotional material.
- These renders can be used in print material, such as mailers, flyers, billboards and brochures.
- 3D architectural rendering comes into its own in the digital world, so that they can be posted on websites, sent over mobile phones, used for digital ads or used in email campaigns.
Homebuilders can gain significantly from 3D architectural rendering services during different stages of design and construction. Homebuilder 3D rendered images help homebuilders gain confidence from funding partners and investors; accelerate their approval-seeking procedures from the local planning authorities; help assess the project’s progress and review the progress by comparing it with the proposed design; and act as an excellent marketing tool to communicate the design to potential owners. All of these advantages will undoubtedly help sales in the homebuilding sector. For large homebuilders, it is becoming increasingly profitable to partner with experienced and reliable offshore firms who can offer high-quality, photorealistic residential rendering services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
XS CAD has valuable experience as a architectural rendering services provider, providing BIM modelling services, 3D residential visualisation services and homebuilders’ 3D rendered images for global housing firms. Our range of services for architects, contractors and homebuilders across the world include 2D architectural drafting, 3D modelling services, 3D BIM modelling and 3D residential rendering services.