26 August 2021
How BIM Fits into Different Sectors of Building Design
Building Information Modelling (BIM), a 3D model-based process to efficiently design, construct and manage buildings, fits into different sectors of building design.
BIM for Homebuilding Sector
1. Conceptual changes are carried out parametrically in BIM and can be viewed in 3D early in the design process.
2. Using BIM, designing and drafting is fast and accurate, with automatic updating of changes throughout the model.
3. BIM helps create accurate BOQs, and stakeholders can collaborate easily, as they can access the model anytime, anywhere.
4. Communication improves, as all project stakeholders can access a central database at any time and communicate easily.
5. BIM helps create detailed visuals of home interiors, which can be used for renovation and BIM data contributes to greater ROI while selling the property.
BIM for Retail Sector
1. BIM technology helps create accurate retail design drawings, Bill of Materials, schedules and 3D renders – crucial for client approvals.
2. BIM models provide a precise and detailed 3D representation of brand features and brand roll-outs.
3. Multiple views of the same space support decision-making for product placement and product promotions.
4. BIM models can be quickly edited to suit requirements of large retail chains under pressure for quick approvals and changes.
5. BIM models are cheaper to create than physical models, helping retail chains experiment with new concepts and creative design.
BIM for Engineering Sector
1. MEP engineers can use BIM data for clash detection and resolution, saving time and money.
2. Using BIM, it is easy to create shop drawings for various building services systems.
3. Using cloud collaboration tool BIM Collaborate Pro, MEP consultants and contractors can work on the same model from anywhere and at any time.
4. Using BIM, top energy consumers in a building are located easily in a 3D model that includes HVAC inefficiencies, peak energy consumption hours, etc.
5. Using BIM, MEP components can be viewed from different angles by all stakeholders, to examine components in detail.
XS CAD provides BIM support for global AEC firms, according to local codes and standards and for all stages of the design process, including design development, visualisation and generating construction documentation.
XS CAD has valuable experience providing architectural design services and architectural design drafting services for commercial, mixed-use and healthcare industry. Our range of services for building design firms across the world include architectural BIM modelling and other architectural BIM services and we offer retained teams when required. We create these models, drawings and renderings by using Revit, AutoCAD, Illustrator and BIM 360 Design for cloud collaboration.