Is DfMA Helping Progress the Construction of Educational Institutes?
It’s time design went back to school and maybe even colleges or other educational institutes. As the mode and means of education keeps evolving, so must the construction of spaces of educational instruction. What kind of message would it send students if they didn’t? Modular building design for educational institutes can be functional and innovative. Using prefabricated construction modelling, modular construction services and fabrication drawing services can help progress the construction of schools and colleges.
Increasingly, schools across the world have become mindful of sustainability, not just by paying it lip service but by actively initiating sustainable and efficient development of school Infrastructure. One such initiative is to use Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) in construction design.
A design and build process, DfMA incorporates the manufacture of building parts, such as wall systems and facades, in a secure, clean and efficient factory setting with on-site assembly.
What are the advantages of using DfMA in educational institute design?
- Safe and considerably sustainable results ensue from using DfMA, as it improves productivity, build quality and building efficiency, inspiring not just students but the government, industry and communities.
- More schools can be constructed in a shorter time with project assurance and a reduced impact on the environment, all while schools are operational.
- Time-efficient schedules result, as DfMA decreases on-site building assembly time, helping the schools and the residents and establishments around it.
- When construction parts and modules are manufactured and delivered on time, the direct consequences include a reduction in noise, traffic, trash and dust, leading to less impact on schools.
- Improved health and safety result from the off-site manufacturing and delivery of building parts and modules to the site, ensuring secure manufacturing spaces and construction sites, especially important in the case of ongoing classes.
- New employment opportunities in manufacturing are generated, such as production management, technical skills training, logistical management, digital systems and quality control.
- Due to manufacturing precision in building, DfMA reduces carbon emissions, water and material waste by more than 30 percent, proving to be an inspiration to the community and student populations.
- Designs created using DfMA will reduce expenses and improve quality, providing high-quality learning spaces for students.
To know more about DfMA . . .
Design for modular construction has helped and will continue to help create sustainable and progressive educational structures through DfMA modelling and drawings. Interfacing with BIM technology, DfMA in building design and construction can also turn to prefabricated construction BIM workflows to progress the construction of educational institutes.
XS CAD has valuable experience providing prefabricated construction BIM services and modular construction services for general contractors. Our range of services for consultants and manufacturers across the world include fabrication drawing services, prefabricated construction modelling, DfMA modelling and drawings, modular builing design and design for modular construction. We create these models and drawings using Revit, AutoCAD and BIM Collaborate Pro for cloud collaboration.