When Will Retail Design Move Fully into 3D?
Shoppers are influenced by so much more than the merchandise. They want to be engaged, surprised, intrigued and even entertained, and once these things happen, they want the people they know to experience the same things. This makes it imperative for retail building design to focus on every aspect of the shopping experience through efficient retail space planning, using retail 3D modelling, retail 3D rendering and retail store 3D walk-throughs.
Retail design cannot afford to be too loud, to have confusing paths, to have obstructions or any other half-baked sales tactic being put into practice. Consumers will not be encouraged to stay in the retail space, examine merchandise nor make purchases.
Store design elements and floor plan layouts must be designed carefully for different customers and for a welcome customer experience. Shoppers must be able to comfortably and clearly navigate the retail space and focus their attention on the store’s merchandise and message.
Floor designing and planning software can help create effective retail store layouts. This software can help plan, manage and monitor work from anywhere. Roll-up reports on design workflows can be generated for retail chains with outlets in multiple locations to keep design teams informed, connected and on the same page.
Taking retail design to the next level involves the creation of 3D models, which makes a more compelling statement than 2D drawings.
Some of the main advantages of using 3D models in retail design are:
- Little or no delays, confusion and interference at the site
- Reduced amount of rework on location
- Improved productivity, helping finish projects on time
- Reduced requests for data and details
- Reduced change orders
- Saving time and costs
Other benefits of using 3D tools and models while planning retail spaces include:
- Easy interior design decisions – Interior design being a major factor in retail design, the use of 3D models can be of significant help for interior designers. A 3D model can be life-like and can include furniture, wall paint, designs, fixtures and ceiling design, showing retailers a detailed view.
- Understanding space, traffic and placement details – For retailers to plan and adjust the placement of their merchandise, a 3D design will show them the physical dimensions of the objects, furniture, merchandise and their distance from each other in the planned layout. Retailers can arrange merchandise based on their sizes so as to use space optimally while solving challenges of movement and traffic.
- Designing clash-free building services systems – Furthermore, 3D tools can be applied beneficially to the coordination of MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) systems in large retail spaces.
- Clearing any language hurdles – 3D designs help all project stakeholders comprehend design instructions regardless of language barriers. Designers, engineers, site workers and owners can easily understand 3D design and navigate through the virtual reality it creates.
- Reducing approval times – The use of 3D models have helped reduce project approval rates considerably, as designs can be viewed and understood easily.
- Clear plans ease the work of engineers – Clarity in retail design through 3D models helps construction engineers follow plans to complete projects without additional expense.
Using 3D in retail design seems as if it is an obvious choice, yet some retailers and their design teams hold back due to a reluctance to change, scarcity of resources and perceived risks in finding technically qualified personnel.
To know more about retail design . . .
As an increasing number of retail chains are creating their own buildings, retail store building design takes on added importance. It is imperative that retail space design moves fully into 3D by employing reliable retail 3D visualisation services, who can provide high-quality retail 3D modelling, retail 3D rendering and retail store 3D walk-throughs.
XS CAD has valuable experience providing retail space planning and retail store building design services for retailers and retail design companies. Our range of services for retailers across the world include retail building design, retail space design, retail drawings, retail 3D modelling, retail 3D rendering and retail store 3D walk-throughs. We have proven to be a preferred retail design services provider, due to the high quality of our retail 3D visualisation services, created by using Revit, 3Ds Max, V-Ray, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects, Illustrator and BIM Collaboration Pro for cloud collaboration.